[vserver] Vserver on debian wheezy

From: Etienne Vogt <Etienne.Vogt_at_obspm.fr>
Date: Thu 25 Apr 2013 - 15:14:14 BST

Hello,

  Is there anyone here running Vserver under Debian wheezy with the LiHas
packages for kernel and util-vserver ?

  As we have critical systems here at Paris Observatory currently running
Vserver under Debian squeeze and wheezy is now near official release,
I tried setting up a test system for Vserver on wheezy, but trying to
start a vserver guest on this host fails with the following error :

~# vserver -v testvm start
New network context is 2
Adding <ip removed>
New security context is 2
save_ctxinfo: open("/var/run/vservers/testvm"): Permission denied

An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
(/etc/init.d/rc 3) failed.

Common causes are:
* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
   method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
   appending 'true' to this file will help.

Failed to start vserver 'testvm'

The kernel used is linux-image-3.4.40-vs2.3.3.9+lihas1 and userland tools
are util-vserver* 0.30.216-pre3034-1 both from the
http://ftp.lihas.de/lihas-kernel/ repository.

--
 		Etienne Vogt (Etienne.Vogt@obspm.fr)
 		Observatoire de Paris-Meudon