Re: [vserver] Vserver on debian wheezy

From: Etienne Vogt <Etienne.Vogt_at_obspm.fr>
Date: Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 10:08:54 BST

Hi Herbert,

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> critical systems should always have an admin
> (or at least a service contract) to trouble
> shoot issues like those ...

The critical systems are fine, they happily run Vserver on Debian squeeze
with the official Debian packages.
But as you know, Vserver support is dropped for wheezy and I have to look
for alternatives, and the LiHas unofficial packages seems to be the best
alternative to official Debian support.
The problem is on a test system upgraded from squeeze to wheezy.

>> ~# vserver -v testvm start
>> New network context is 2
>> Adding <ip removed>
>> New security context is 2
>> save_ctxinfo: open("/var/run/vservers/testvm"): Permission denied
>
> looks like a configuration problem to me
>
> i.e. either barrier somewhere on the path or

Right, there was a barrier flag set on /var on the host, no idea how it
got there, perhaps the upgrade from the squeeze version of util-vserver
to the LiHas version did something strange...

It seems to work now, thank you (for your help and for your great work
on Linux Vserver).

--
 		Etienne Vogt (Etienne.Vogt@obspm.fr)
 		Observatoire de Paris-Meudon