Re: [vserver] Yum Patch SVN

From: Gordan Bobic <gordan_at_bobich.net>
Date: Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 17:00:43 BST

 In the absence is a more recent patch to thump
 into working, I have adapted the old one.

 Some peer review would be welcome.

 This is against 3.2.29-40 EL6 version.

 Patch is available here:
 http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/misc/yum-3.2.29-chroot.patch

 src.rpm that includes the patch is available here:
 http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/misc/yum-3.2.29-40vs.el6.src.rpm

 Also it would appear that these instructions aren't
 entirely correct:
 http://linux-vserver.org/Installation_on_CentOS

 They say the first thing to do is:
 # yum update yum

 but if you look at the repository for EL6 it mentions:
 http://rpm.hozac.com/dhozac/rhel/6/vserver/x86_64/

 there is no yum package.

 If the patch I linked above passes peer review,
 please do put the updated yum package patch in the
 repository.

 Gordan