AW: [vserver] Ubuntu LTS guest?

From: Fiedler Roman <Roman.Fiedler_at_ait.ac.at>
Date: Wed 21 May 2014 - 15:33:39 BST

> Von: Tor Rune Skoglund [mailto:trs@swi.no]
>
> Hi List,
>
> has anyone tried any Ubuntu LTS release like 12 or (upcoming 14) as a
> vserver guest?
>
> Any recipe or hints?
>
> Just asking before I possibly throw myself into lots of work....

We were using Precise (> 100 guests), now we have already some Trusty (1404)
guests running. Guest setup was exactly the same for both but Trusty host
requires other firewalling/ulog/audit configuration to isolate the vservers
and log invalid access attempts.

Hints: Would have to look it up, if you have some specific problem/question.
Guest rollout is completely automated since ~2010 (Ubuntu Lucid), and in the
meantime I've forgotten, what all happens in that process.

Roman