RE: [vserver] upgrade VServer breaks lsusb

From: John A. Wallace <jw72253_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 22:38:52 BST

Although this is clearly a possibility which occurred to me, it may not be
quite that simple. Also, there are a multitude of modules, any number of which
may interact in this case. I can certainly test it by rebuilding the kernel if
you have any idea at all which module(s) could be responsible. However, I was
hoping that this problem might have been brought up before, which might have
provided a clue, but I found no such luck so far.

> BTW according to these Gentoo Docs lsusb uses /proc/bus/usb not
> /dev/bus/usb

Yes, thanks, I should have been clearer. Neither '/proc/bus/usb' nor
'/dev/bus/usb' exists after building this kernel. The /dev/bus reference was
how it used to be handled by devfs if I am not mistaken, but I am not a
programmer.

[snip]