Re: [vserver] Source IP issue with multiple interfaces

From: Oliver Welter <mail_at_oliwel.de>
Date: Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 20:34:02 GMT

Hi Roman,

Am 18.02.2015 um 20:40 schrieb Romain Rivière:
> Hi list,
>
> Today I had a first attempt at setting up a VServer with more than just
> 1 IP and 1 interface. For this particular experiment, I have:
> - 1 public IP, directly available to the guest on eth0
> - 1 RFC 1918 IP, assigned to dummy0
> - lo.
>
> The host also has dummy0 and its own private IP assigned to it. I
> intended to use dummy0 as a "local" network between the guests and the host.
>
> The problem is that when the guest tries to connect to the host's dummy0
> IP (eg. 192.168.0.1), instead of using its own dummy0 IP (eg.
> 192.168.0.42), it will use the public IP assigned to eth0.

This sounds like a improper routing setup.

Can you check if you have a proper netmask set in your guest config -
that should be in /etc/vservers/<server>/interfaces/<id>/prefix and be
the number of network bits (e.g. 24).

Also post the result of "route -n" inside your server.

Oliver

--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!