[vserver] Vserver - LTS support?

From: Roman Vesely <roman_at_liten.cz>
Date: Fri 15 Jul 2016 - 20:43:01 BST

Hi all,

I have been using VServer for a long time (now Debian Wheezy/Jessie - kernel 3.4/3.18),
and I am satisfied with the stability and function.
Thanks to VServer team for their excelent work!

Because EOL 3.4 is near, I think about the next step - find a stable and long-supported system.
Either VServer or LXC (LXC/LXD has long-term support in current distribution's)

It would be great if VServer support of 3.16 kernel.

According to: https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html 3.16 will be supported for
almost 4 years, longer than any current kernels.

I think it can be a win-win option:

* Developers: long-term support with minimal effort. (without any complicated
  porting to new kernel's)

* Users: Stable LTS kernel. I think that Debian is really popular among
  the Vserver users so kernel 3.16 is the best choice for them.)

What is the point of view off the developers and the community?
I am ready to donating money for work on 3.16 patch.

Thanks,

Roman