Re: [vserver] CentOS 7

From: <roman.pretory_at_austrianonlines.com>
Date: Mon 21 Jan 2019 - 12:15:07 GMT

Hello Herbert

Am 2019-01-21 09:56, schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 07:59:13PM +0100,
> roman.pretory@austrianonlines.com wrote:
>> Laurent,
>
>> At first thanks for infos, :-)
>
> Hello Roman,
>
>> I have look on it for 60min, in this time i have a running
>> vserver on CentOs7 with LXD, troubles to config to run on a own
>> interface, but this could be fixed spending more time, the main
>> trouble a have with the differt uid's, and thats comming from
>> Ubuntu => so Lts 3 years not part of Centos if this is a good
>> choice, but which options are left.
>
>> Nice page good infos, doku, well done, but vserver is now
>> running on my servers since Rh9, why did't they get it run,
>> no Enterpise Disto no Debian no ... works anymore what are
>> the patch for???
>
> Not sure what you are asking here (or complaining about?)
> Who is 'they' and 'what should they have gotten running'?

'they' => http://linux-vserver.org/Developers
gotten running => Debian, Redhat, Suse.. that disros are most in use,
could be a good restart again.

>> And by the way is it not awful LXD posts on this list?,
>
> Why would it be 'awful' when 'mainline' features get mentioned?

'mainline' feature ??? yes realy I did't, see this like that

>> from so much users, and I'm frustrated to get not direkt answer
>> like yes working on it, no never, fuck off, anything i could
>> work with, planning future with or without.
>
> I already replied that nobody bothered to mess with systemd
> for several reasons and that I consider it doable but not
> worth the time unless there is clear interest.

yes.....i read this and that years ago...
clear than now ? it will never be anymore, where should it come from?,
there was more positv feedback years ago
no support for big Distros = > less user of vserver => smaller feedback
=> closed Project
thats realy the way you what to go? , soory i can't believe :-(

BGR