Re: [vserver] Moving away from VServer

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_swi.no>
Date: Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 14:19:20 BST

Hi Romain, hi Herbert,

Den 13.06.2021 14:03, skrev Herbert Poetzl:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 06:58:26PM +0200, Romain Rivière wrote:
>> Until now, I had managed to maintain a couple of ebuilds in
>> order to keep my linux-vserver hosts running with Gentoo as
>> the base distro.

That is really interesting. Our company is using Linux-Vserver quite a
lot, on Gentoo too, and have on our todo-list to provide an update of
util-vserver and the kernel compilation routine who would fix some of
the old stuff that gives warnings and problems. Last summer, we make a
util-vserver compilation routine (as a test case ) which compiled
without using beecrypt, for instance.

It is our intention to make this in a "proper" way also, and release it
for others.

I see that you plan to move away from Linux-Vserver. Sorry to hear that,
but if you are interested, we would be very much glad to help or look
into the issues you are facing now, if that is an option for you. We are
also in the process of updating to gcc 10, and any issues here will need
to be looked into anyways.

>> Building dietlibc with gcc 10 results in a segmentation fault.
> During build time or when you use the dietlibc with some test
> code or in the linux-vserver tools? Can you elaborate on the
> segfault and maybe paste some debug info here?

Ditto that.

BR, Tor Rune Skoglund