Re: [vserver] funding the 5.10 vserver goal

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_swi.no>
Date: Mon 13 Sep 2021 - 08:56:00 BST

Den 13.09.2021 07:30, skrev Ghislain Adnet:

>> Economic Outlook in Australia can contribute 500 euro to fund the work.
>
> thanks for stepping in !
>
> so
>
> Economic Outlook    500
> aqueos             2500
> roberto         200
> Tor Rune Skoglund     1000
> Sandino Araico Sánchez  500
> Thorsten Edler         250
>
> Total 4950 euros :)

Seems like this is gonna happen ! :)

Should we have a discussion on the kernel target for the project? 5.10
is the latest current LTS, but looking at the LTS release schedule I
presume there will be a new LTS around new-year or so. My company use
linux-vserver on both servers and distributed (non-server) devices. For
the former, cutting edge hardware support is not an issue, but for the
latter we often end up with problems due to lack of having linux-vserver
on a recent kernel version. Therefore, I would hope that we could
consider to target the upcoming LTS release and not 5.10, in order to
"save" a year or so.

Of course, Bertl will have the final word here anyway. :)

- Tor Rune Skoglund, trs@swi.no