From: Cathy Sarisky (sarisky_at_caltech.edu)
Date: Fri 12 Jul 2002 - 23:28:45 BST

Hrm. I'm not sure that made much sense. Let me add to it a bit.

I've got fakeinit set in the config file.

Upon vserver startup, a ps reveals the following processes running in the
vserver:
init
minilogd
/bin/bash -login
/bin/bash /etc/rc.d/rc 5
/sbin/askrunlevel --interactive

I've set sshd (or v_sshd - tried both) to start using ntsysv, but it does not
start. I'm suspecting askrunlevel is making trouble...?

On Friday, July 12, 2002 2:57 PM, Cathy Sarisky [SMTP:sarisky_at_caltech.edu]
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having vserver problems with ctx10, running on a Mandrake 8.0 system.
>
> If I issue a "service vservers restart" command, the server with onboot=yes
> does not restart unless I include fakeinit in s_flags. Nor does "vserver
> servername start" work. I *can* get the server to start without fakeinit if
>
> issue a "vserver server service sshd start" command, but this seems like a
> kludge?
> I looked at the online docs at solucorp and searched the mailing list, but I
> haven't had any success figuring out how to get a vserver to start at boot
and

> run services.
> If someone could provide a push in the right direction, I'd very much
> appreciate it!
> Cathy Sarisky

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:41 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3