From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 24 Dec 2002 - 17:55:41 GMT

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 06:45:16PM +0300, Lyahkov Aleks wrote:
> Hello Herbert,
>
> Friday, December 20, 2002, 3:28:46 AM, you wrote:
>
> HP> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 05:33:51PM +0300, Lyashkov Alexey wrote:
> >> Hello Herbert.
> >>
> >> i don't understand necessity vroot device.
> >> you can explain my that ?
>
> HP> take a look at ...
>
> HP> http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/HowTo_LVMQ.shtml#Advantages
> HP> http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/HowTo_LVMQS.shtml
>
> HP> if you still do not understand, ask again ...
> i see you don't make diskquote for shared filesystems. it's right ?

no, thats wrong, but the two locations above only
address what the mailing list had/wanted as quota
solutions ...

> you have plain for create that ?

well, I already did, but Jacques had a look on it,
and said "that's not the way I would do it ...", but
as far as I know it's the only way it has been done
till now, and as far as I am concerned, it's the best
way to do it ... anyway your mileage may vary.

http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/
http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/Concepts.shtml
http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/linux-2.4.20-ctx14-vquota-0.10.diff.bz2

you probably want to patch the quota tools in the physical
server too, to set/get the context quota information

http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/quota-tools-3.07-ctx14-v0.35.diff.bz2

and you might want to enable the per virtual server
quota settings, so that root can set the quota for
all other users (per virtual server)

http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/vserver-0.21-cap_quotactl.diff.bz2

I didn't update the patches, because nobody except myself
seem to use this patches, so if you think they are useful
to you, I am willing to update them to 2.4.20 ctx16 ...

remark: static context numbering is essential for the
per server/context quota, or you will have some troubles ...