From: Mark Lawrence (nomad_at_null.net)
Date: Tue 04 Feb 2003 - 15:50:44 GMT

I have seen quite a few messages from people saying how easy it is to
simply copy a virtual server from one root host to another. While trivial
to do manually I have sometimes found it annoying to have to remember the
flags to rsync so that it doesn't cross filesystems, or have forgotten to
copy the config file across or whatever.

I also have a need to keep copies of virtual servers across different root
hosts as a warm-backup, and wanted a quick way to synchronise and stop &
start as needed from a script.

Since I haven't seen anybody else post such a thing I wrote a script which
I call "vcp" (attached) to do just that. Someone might find it useful -
feedback and/or enhancements are welcome. If it is useful enough to lots
of people then perhaps it will be picked up by Jacques...

Cheers, Mark.

--
Mark Lawrence (nomad_at_null.net)		Mobile: +41 79 309 0633