From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Mon 24 Mar 2003 - 18:41:21 GMT

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:53:05 -0500, Cedric Veilleux wrote
> Hi,

> Another ebuild is needed for the host system, for the vserver utilities. The
> problem is that they do not work well with gentoo in their current state.
> Main problem is the newvserver and vserver script that must be modified
> slightly I think. Also, unification is rpm centric and I started
> experimenting with the "epm" command in gentoo (sys-apps/epm) that tries to
> emulate the rpm but works directly with gentoo's native packaging system.
>
> Having no access to a redhat system with "rpm" command, I don't know how
> close "epm" comes to emulate the rpm output and interface.. Here's how it
> looks:

I will modify vbuild and vunify (and vfiles) so they use an external command.
Currently, they are using rpm and retrieve from it. The external command
will provide a simpler format and anyone will be able to provide a replacement
for his distribution.

the format will be something like

#package version
-a file suitable for unification
-another file
#another package
-files
-...

All the utilities will use that. I will do a prototype.