From: Klavs Klavsen (klavs_at_EnableIT.dk)
Date: Thu 27 Mar 2003 - 14:20:34 GMT

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 14:28, Georges Toth wrote:
> > vserver patch doesn't apply cleanly (or even close to), as of
> > gentoo-sources-2.4.20.
>
> i don't use gentoo-sources...kernels
> i use kernels from kernel.org and patch them manually... :-)

Well it was either that - or patch the vanilla with freeswan and USAGI -
linux-ipv6.org patch manually. I tried both, but they change among other
things, the schedueler so the vserver patch won't work.

I must admit that I'm sorry about vserver not working with the closest
thing to a proper ipv6 implementation Linux has. I need IPv6 - and IPSec
support in IPv6 - so I don't really have a choice :(

In 2.5 these patches are part of the vanilla kernel - anyone have a
vserver patch for 2.5? then I'd be glad to try it out.

p.s. I run a headless server and was wondering if anyone had a clever
way of booting on a kernel only once - so if the box crashed and I
rebooted it - it wouldn't use the same kernel - but default to boot the
last working kernel instead. p.s. I use Grub.

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC

Open Source Server, Security and Network Consulting klavs_at_EnableIT.dk - http://www.EnableIT.dk Phone: +45 3284 4372 Mobile: +45 2342 4372 PGP: 7E063C62/2873 188C 968E 600D D8F8 B8DA 3D3A 0B79 7E06 3C62

"Open Source Software - Sometimes you get more than you paid for."

Generated on Thu 27 Mar 2003 - 14:47:32 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3