From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 06 Apr 2004 - 20:04:34 BST

This is a strange one.

The actors:

        Vserver 2.4.25-1.27vs
        Jacques' vserver stuff (I still have to get the util-vserver
                compiled for this system)
        Vserver based on RHL 9

I have (for now) _a_ Windows share I need to mount so Apache, using
rotatelogs, can write to the share since the #$%^& web stats software
is Windows based.
   I'm mounting and unmounting the Windows share using the .sh pre and
post options. The problem is rotatelogs can't create the log file
(or write to the directory for that matter) but using the usual CustomLog
settings 'access_log' it works.

I'd prefer to have the SAMBA (u)mount happen when the vserver is started
and stopped verses putting it in fstab.

I have other scripts (different system) that mount the Windows share just
before using a

        vserver XXX exec command-to-run

so I'm thinking there is a permission issue. Attempts to change the
permissions have yielded little but I see nothing unusual when I run
lsattr from both inside and outside the vserver context.

So what am I, in my normal totally clue manner, missing?

TIA,
Rod