From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Wed 14 Apr 2004 - 10:21:38 BST

noel_at_debian.org (Nočl Köthe) writes:

>> * tests, tests, tests; especially with the new 2.6 kernel features[2]
>
> would it be helpful to package your beta for Debian and upload it to
> experimental?

Yes, but because of some other tasks, the beta will be delayed till next
week.

> It only make sense when the stable release is not available in the
> near future (next 4 weeks or so)

4 weeks tests are probably not enough for the new features. But we will
see...

> because it needs some time before it will enter Debian experimental
> and it will be obsolent by your stable release.

As I wrote in the original mail, I am tending to rename the current
stable tools to 'util-vserver0'. Both packages will conflict, but since
the new tools have lots of more or less incompatible/new features, some
people might prefer to stay at the current version for some time.

Enrico