From: Christian Jaeger (christian.jaeger_at_ethlife.ethz.ch)
Date: Thu 15 Apr 2004 - 22:32:36 BST

At 14:17 Uhr -0400 15.04.2004, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
>I may be missing something obvious, if so forgive me:
>
>For some reason all my vservers resolve names using the main server's
>/etc/hosts, not their own....

Hm, not seen it myself, but if you use the "host xyz" command, it
does not look at /etc/hosts, but instead does a 'real' dns lookup. If
your /etc/resolf.conf points to the host and you have a dns server
running there that looks at the host's /etc/hosts file, this could
explain it. Try something like "telnet xyz" instead, which *does*
look at the local /etc/hosts file.

Christian