From: Sebastian Schaefer (seban_at_dungeon.de)
Date: Sun 18 Apr 2004 - 17:25:38 BST

Hi,

--On Sonntag, 18. April 2004 15:31 +0200 Herbert Poetzl
<herbert_at_13thfloor.at> wrote:

>> are there any news about
>> developing a vserver and mosix patch?
>
> no, I had a short look at the code, and IIRC, said
> that context migration (mosix style) and such
> would be required, but otherwise it should be
> straight forward ...
>
>> or is it possible to support the development?
>
> in what ways?
> what do you have in mind?
> please elaborate!

i try to explain what we need :-)

we have 8 servers with 10-20 vservers on each.... and it would be great to
have one big cluster with 100 vservers in it....

in each vserver there are one or two processes which needs a lot cpu power.

the idea would be to have one big file server where the /vservers directory
is located and 8 nodes which do the cpu intensive stuff...

now processes in another context than 0 are not migrateable.... we need no
quota stuff nor special filesystem functions.... but i dont know how much
work it is to do the context (etc...) port to the openmosix system.

at the moment we are setting up a test cluster with 3 systems and it would
be possible to develop the vserver stuff on it...

,sebastian