From: Dariush Pietrzak (eyck_at_ghost.anime.pl)
Date: Tue 20 Apr 2004 - 07:21:31 BST

> Is it possible to get these 3 patches working together:
> ctx+grsecurity+vserver.
ctx IS vserver? you mean ctx quota+grsec+vserver?
Possible.

> I need grsecurity to protect against numerous and repeated shell cracking
> atttempts from my students on the login server.
 As experience show, admin can run around patching and 'securing' all day
round... and in the end admin gets tired, and new wave of students come
every year...
 Keeping system up-to date might be the best answer, every activity that
places additional burden on the admin fails in the long run ( that would
include using extra patches, and definitelly includes using conflicting
patches).

> Is their any problem with using 2.4.25+patch-2.4.25-vs1.27-q0.14.diff
> The archives contain conflicting opinions on this.
 I might be the one spreading most of opposing data on this - As there's
noone actively maintaining vserver+grsec, this means that all you can find
is some patch some dweeb put together. And there's a dozen of ways to do
that, and you don't even know which she used. So there's no such thing as
THE grsec+vs patch.
 As soon as there is such person ( and it seems like WOLK will include
both, and mcp said that he will make those two play nicely together ) you
can go ahead and use those. Until then - you're on your own.

--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
We're giving you a new chance in life, and an opportunity