From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Tue 27 Apr 2004 - 15:20:44 BST

admin_at_cs.montana.edu ("Lucas Albers") writes:

> I am able to mount an nfs directory from the master and chbind it to the
> slave when I run the mount manually.
>
> When mounted via the startup script it does not work.
> pre-start)
> chbind --ip 153.90.xxx.xx mount -t nfs -o soft xxx.montana.edu:/mount

The interface will be created *after* pre-start, so you are chbind'ing
to a non-existing interface probably.

Either do the mount in post-start, or use the alpha-tools[1] which are
providing a solution for this problem already.

Enrico

Footnotes:
[1] http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=alpha+util-vserver