From: Thorsten Busse (eiablage_at_thorsten-busse.de)
Date: Thu 29 Apr 2004 - 15:18:08 BST

Hi,

Herbert Poetzl meinte:
>> Yeah, is scp on the box itself? some distros split openssh/ssh into
>> several packages, server, client, combined stuff. you might need the
>> client stuff installed.
>
> sounds like a good advice to me, as scp is
> working from one vserver to the other without
> any issues here ...

Oh my! Okay, I solved the problem. It was a malformed setting in my
/etc/bash.bashrc which lead to some weird output which prevented
the sftp-server to work. When I tried to scp to the same machine
this output occured and led me to the problem. Trying with other clients
from different machines this output was omitted.

Of course I was stupid enough to have the same setting on every single
vserver (because they we

So, thank you very much 4 your help and ideas!!!

Best regards,

Thorsten