From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 04 May 2004 - 17:55:20 BST

I have a really strange situation so before I even try it I'd like some
input.

I provide support for non-profit that has it's own server hosting several
domains. The system has been up for 460+ days (with the last time it was
down was for a physical move). The system was build based on RHL 6.1.
Now they, the non-profix, want to add and updates services and add some
more domains. I'd prefer to isolate the domains and to some extent the
services so vserver comes to mind.
   The question is: will a vserver kernel built using the 'older'
distribution's compiler and utilities support vservers built using
other/later distributions? Ie. Fedora Core 1, Debian, etc.

TIA,
Rod