From: Mike Fischer (mike.fischer_at_ipsi.fraunhofer.de)
Date: Thu 27 May 2004 - 14:14:50 BST

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> mike.fischer_at_ipsi.fraunhofer.de (Mike Fischer) writes:
>
>>I've already got some vservers up and running nicely.
>>(Kernel 2.4.22, vserver 1.00, utils 0.25)
> Mmmh... these are very old version and lots of security leaks have been
> fixed in the meantime.

Weeeelll, guess why I'm looking into the new versions.

>>I found Enrico's speech-slides which tell me that the vserver script
>>has lots of nice switches. But neither the manpage
>
> The slides are mainly about the next-generation tools (see
> http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=alpha+util-vserver). The
> man-pages are outdated and are not an authoritive information source at
> the moment.
>
>>nor the script's help has anything to say about these.
>
> '--help' of the vserver 0.29.214 script should tell a lot...
>
>>Where do I start looking or where Do I start writing documentation?
>
> The important reference-documentation about the configuration scheme
> is available in an abstract XML format (see doc/configuration.xml).
> Stylesheets for more human readable formats are welcome (afaik,
> Olivier Poitrey is already working on a DocBook stylesheet but I do
> not know the state).
>
> Else, as said, the man-pages are out-of-date and do not reflect the
> current state. But I am not sure if I want to stay at manually written
> man-pages, or if they should be written in DocBook.

Oh! I get the DAU-of-the-day award for assuming that utils version
0.29.4, as stated on Herbert's page, is the newest version.

Sorry, for troubling you.
How about slapping the docs from the sourcetree into the wiki?

Kind regards,
Mike Fischer

--
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft e.V.
IPSI.ITI

Dolivostr. 15 64293 Darmstadt Telefon: 06151 / 869 - 845