From: Bernhard Duebi (bernhard.duebi_at_schweiz.ch)
Date: Thu 17 Jun 2004 - 21:48:36 BST

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 10:45, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> Am Wednesday 16 June 2004 23:18 schrieb Bernhard Duebi:
> > Hi,
> > I can't find the docs for util-vserver. Any help ?
> >
> > The host system is a SuSE 9.1 Professional.
> > I installed kernel-2.6.6-vs1.9.1
> > I installed util-vserver-0.29.214
> > I tried "vserver server build", but did not understand how to configre
> > the build option. So I installed vserver with a script from the linux
> > magazin.
> > I tried "vserver server start" in legacy mode and in native mode, but no
> > luck.
> Hi!
>
> I worked with the following and had much success:
> vserver NAME build --help (you don't trust me and want to read the options)
> vserver NAME build -m debootstrap --interface eth0:IPADDRESS/NETMASK
> --hostname NAME -- -d sid
Hi,

today I did
vserver vs01 build -m debootstrap ...
vserver vs01 start
vserver vs01 enter
and it worked.
But the point is, I want a SuSE based vserver. Unfortunately
util-vserver doesn't know about SuSE. I'm sure I can make it work if I
knew how util-vserver works. But by now I have no idea what it takes to
make a vserver work.

Sincerely
Bernhard