From: Liam Helmer (linuxlists_at_thevenue.org)
Date: Thu 22 Jul 2004 - 22:27:48 BST

Well, the vserver mailing list works... but a number of people have been
having some issues with the subscribe/unsubscribe mechanism. I'm not
sure what the current status of that is.

As to your project: wow, looks really neat. It looks to me like a good
fit with vserver, as it adds a lot to vserver's current ability to deal
with resource management, from what I understand of the current code
that's there (being an interested bystander, as opposed to an expert on
the vserver code).

As far as I can tell, integration would be easy enough to do if you're
simply adding a rule to your RBCE to classify based on the Context ID of
a process. Also, in the vserver context, subclasses would be useful
E.G.:

"vserver X gets 200MB of Virtual Memory, of which Apache gets first
priority to a maximum of 150MB, and mysql gets second priority to a
maximum of 50 MB"

... or something of that nature.

Another thing that could be useful from a management perspective is some
hooks within util-vserver so that it was aware that ckrm is present, and
can reclassify tasks for an individual vserver. This would be less
honerous than reclassifying the whole system, especially, if you're
dealing with a misbehaving vserver, and want to stop it from affecting
other processes.

Just my 2 cents,

Cheers,
Liam