From: Lars E. D. Jensen (lars_at_dangvard.dk)
Date: Mon 22 Nov 2004 - 18:32:58 GMT

Hi Herbert

Thanks a lot for your help!

I've followed your advice and managed to configure the vserver so almost all
errors are gone.

This is still coming when I start the vserver (but doesn't appear when I shut
down):

SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address

I removed all /etc/init.d/ scripts except the ones I use for ssh and apache.

Does it have something to do with proc ? (I'm guessing, since I don't
understand vserver completely yet)

I've read this security tip in a document:
"make sure your /proc entries are restricted"

Restricted to what? Is this inside the virtual server or on host server?

/etc/mtab inside vserver shows this:
proc /proc proc rw 0 0

Sorry if this is a trivial question, but I find the documentation very wide
spread and a little difficult to navigate.

--
Med venlig hilsen