From: Thierry-Jacques Ouedraogo (thierry_at_tdn-services.ch)
Date: Fri 24 Jun 2005 - 07:30:50 BST

Has anyone successfully used ucarp ( or vrrp ) with vservers.
The idea is to have a master host with several vservers inside , and a
hot standby slave host being the exact replication - via drdb for ex .
In a vserver was to crash , the relay would be taken by the one on the
backup unit with the relevant ip address.

I cannot get it work properly, even when adding NET_ADMIN capability to
the vserver .Whenever I try to run ucarp from within a vserver,it only
works with the main interface (i.e the host ones) instead of being
associated with the desired vserver virtual interface.
I am using 1.94 version on 10 vservers (5 on each host) serving as
demo/test bed.

I am wondering if there is not some conceptual/technical/whatever
incompatibility.
I am just missing the whole thing.
Does anyone have some experience with that topic ?

Is there a more simple way to do faillover with vservers ?

Gurus and Non Gurus, I need your help.

Thanks you in advance

Thierry