[Vserver] Probs after update world in Gentoo Guest

From: Oliver Welter <mail_at_oliwel.de>
Date: Sat 29 Oct 2005 - 09:37:29 BST

Hi Hollow, Hi List,

I have several problems with my gentoo guests :(

1) I build a new guest from scratch using "vserver-new" with a stage3
tarball from your website, afterwards I did an "emerge -u world".
Running etc-update tries to replaced /etc/inittab with a version taht
contains tty entries - no good ida I think...

2) The recent utils (0.30.308-r4) are a little bit to silent...
I was running above mentioned server on a r4 toolset without any
error-msgs. I than transfered the server image to a box with -r2 tools
and got startup errors, that looks like the old problem with broken init
scripts...
When upgrading the tools the error messages are gone, the server seems
to startup withput problems but I am a little bit nervous....

BTW: Base systems are Gentoo too, both using recent kernels wit 2.0vs
patches...

Any ideas ??

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt