[Vserver] gentoo util-vserver -r5 problem

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Sat 29 Oct 2005 - 10:44:06 BST

I'm sure its something I have mis-configured, but I have no clue where to
look.

when i try to use the vservers startup script, which now works right on the
other system, i get this error:

phoenix rio # /etc/init.d/vservers start
 * Unhiding /proc entries ...
[ ok ]
 * Starting vservers of type 'default' ...
* ns1 starting
make: *** No rule to make target `..stamp', needed by `.ns2.stamp'.
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

and it only starts ns1 then exits.

i have depends set up on this machine but it seems i must have something
else.. something about a guest.stamp or something..

for ns2 which failed, i have in /etc/vservers/ns2/apps/init/depends a single
entry

ns1

and then the others all depend on each other so there is a specific start
order but it never gets that far.

what do i still need to do?

and then it hides proc entries and i cannot start the others manually until i
unhide them manually.

i still think this is a bad place to put the vprocunhide as without the other
init script to back it up it leaves a person unable to manually work with
their system when the init script setup doesnt work.

for me i shall always edit that script to remove the vprocunhide/hide code in
every version and will continue to use the manual script which i saved a copy
of since i dont believe it is supplied any more.

--
Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,