Re: [Vserver] Probs after update world in Gentoo Guest

From: Oliver Welter <mail_at_oliwel.de>
Date: Sat 29 Oct 2005 - 11:40:31 BST

Hi Chuck,

>>1) I build a new guest from scratch using "vserver-new" with a stage3
>>tarball from your website, afterwards I did an "emerge -u world".
>>Running etc-update tries to replaced /etc/inittab with a version taht
>>contains tty entries - no good ida I think...
>
> did you first run emerge metadata and check the world file to be sure the
> standard baselayout is replaced with the vserver one in the listing? it

errgh - metadate: no, but emerge -u world -vp shows
"baselayout-vserver-1.12.0_pre8-r2", now, after the update
emerge -s baselayout:
* sys-apps/baselayout-vserver
       Latest version available: 1.12.0_pre8-r2
       Latest version installed: 1.12.0_pre8-r2

So this is right....

> there were some start/stop issues with earlier tools on gentoo. -r4 is the
> first one to work properly with their fixes for it. i just installed -r5
> which seems to be working well once i figure out what i dont have configured
> correctly when using depends.

ok perhaps it as just this...I pray for it...I have now running a not so
critical server with the new layout but it will become a catastrophe if
I once migrated my prodcution systems :)

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt