[Vserver] virtual servers and loopback interface[s]

From: Peter V. Saveliev <peet_at_peet.spb.ru>
Date: Wed 23 Nov 2005 - 21:30:26 GMT

Hello. I have a situation when each virtual server must have at least one external
and one local address. Local address must provide something like a loopback
interface -- so any service in a virtual server can bind onto this address without
a risk to be reachable from outside.

I prefer to not use iptables in this task, cause of network performance issues.

I setup local addresses like 10.0.0.x/32 on the loopback interface, and these
addresses aren't reachable from an external network. But they still reachable
from other virtual servers.

Assume there are two virtuals -- test0 and test1. One virtual, test0 is chbind'ed
to 10.0.0.2/32 and another -- to 10.0.0.3/32. But I still can telnet 10.0.0.2 from
_test1_.

Generally speaking, my question is: is there any ability to have an isolated
loopback for every virtual server?

Thanks.

--
Peter V. Saveliev