Re: [Vserver] Iptables NAT & vservers

From: Sebastian Harl <sh_at_tokkee.org>
Date: Mon 13 Mar 2006 - 16:45:29 GMT

> .. it would explain why I didn't succeed ;-)

Indeed ;-)

> Do you think there is a other way to redirect all incoming connection to
> a particular machine base on the "connection name" but not on the port
> number ex:
> ssh mymachine.example.com

No, I don't think so... TCP/IP does not carry any hostname information, so
routing would have to be done in the application layer protocol. HTTP, for
example, carries the hostname with it - that's why domain based hosting is
available (and possible ;-) e.g. in Apache.

The "connection name" that you were refering to is the IP address...

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian "tokkee" Harl