Re: [Vserver] Building vserver from skeleton

From: Xavier Montagutelli <xavier.montagutelli_at_unilim.fr>
Date: Thu 18 May 2006 - 10:16:06 BST

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 16:20, Fareha Shafique wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to try to build a few vservers from a host template and then
> unify these vservers. I'm not sure what files I need to include in the
> template. I tried to create one vserver like this but I cannot start it.
> I get the following error:
> -------------------------
> # vserver sk start
> No command given; use '--help' for more information.
>
> An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
> there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
> () failed.
>
> Common causes are:
> * /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
> method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
> appending 'true' to this file will help.
>
> Failed to start vserver 'sk'
> ---------------------

What is "sk" ? Your "host template" or the first vserver based on the
template ?

Could you tell us more precisely how you created the vserver you call your
"host template" (I suppose it is a normal vserver that you won't run) ? I
think this one should be constructed as a normal vserver, for example with
standard methods (vserver my_template build -m <your_method> ....)

How do you create the actual vservers from the template : do you use
vserver-copy, something like http://www.micropp.se/vserver/vcopy ?

> I'm using Fedora Core 4 (2.6). I have been able to successfully build a
> vserver using the yum method previously and starts fine.
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -FS

Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95
Universite de Limoges
123, avenue Albert Thomas
87060 Limoges cedex