[vserver] Debian Support

From: <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 10:01:39 BST

Hi all,

from some recent postings on the debian-kernel list by Ben Hutchings,
it looks like there has been a decision within Debian to deprecate
vserver images.

"...we only just got back and the official minutes have not been
sent out.

As I recall, we don't believe that either we or upstream will be able to
support vserver properly for the duration of squeeze. If the upstream
project provides a patch against the squeeze kernel version then we can
probably use it, but we will warn that it is not fully supported and
likely to be removed in the following release."

Personally I was really hoping to see a better quality Linux-Vserver
support in Debian this time, so sad news.

Anyone else any feelings about this? Any chance of a rescue attempt?

Cheers,
==
 From Ben Green