Re: [vserver] Mini-Kernel - What and where are the latest sources?

From: Allan Latham <alatham_at_flexsys-group.de>
Date: Thu 23 May 2013 - 13:30:48 BST

Hi Ben

The reason I wanted to compile util-vserver was to get the library
behind it.

This page interested me:

http://linux-vserver.org/Running_runit-supervised_services_inside_a_vserver

I looked at what signal-relay does and how it does it and I can so see
no reason why this functionality cannot be built into runsv - but that
would need the vserver library. It would save one process per vserver
and reduce the complexity (one less program to run) at the cost of what
I think will be a small patch to runsv which itself has been stable for
years.

I have a working init system which will suffice for what I want but a
variation on that outlined on the web page would be rather more elegant.

It's not at the top of my list yet!

All the best

Allan