[vserver] Re: How do I stop a high guest CPU load and ifb0 from dropping internet packets?

From: Fog_Watch <db5_at_exemail.com.au>
Date: Tue 03 Sep 2013 - 10:48:36 BST

Hello

At the risk of pestering I'm going to have another go at this problem,
first started last month.

The problem is, when ingress traverses an IFB, with a high host CPU
load, packets are not dropped, but when a guest CPU load is high
packets are dropped.

Possibly the most interesting question relating to this was, "Are
network related interrupts routed to the host only CPU (0 in your
case)? Which was a question I had a stab at, but I didn't really know
what I was doing.

So the question remains, how do I prevent my guest-related packet drops?

Regards

Fog_Watch

--
"A. Because it breaks the logical order of conversation.
 Q. Why is top posting bad?"