Re: [vserver] Linux Vserver and Hypervisors

From: Ted Barnes <madogdevelopment_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat 09 Nov 2013 - 15:47:22 GMT

Hi Guys -

Yes, it would seem that either a wiki or google docs could work...Ben,
the suggestion grew out the thread of giving vserver "hypervisor"
capabilities (implementing libvirt dev I think), and there were some
emails pertaining to what people would like to see (i.e.,
"requirements", "features").

Not sure how this would work, but possibly there'd be a moderator in
charge of "clarifying (nothing more than making sure suggestions were
pithy and clear)", and then people could vote on what mattered most...

Possibly leading to people chipping in to get things developed...?

E.g., we'd like to be able to manage vserver guests (create, delete,
monitor, move, change storage size, adjust RAM/CPU allocation...)
through something like ESXI or OpenStack (have some familiarity with the
former, none with the latter) and were thinking we could do so if
vserver had hypervisor capabilities....