Re: [vserver] Vserver routing

From: Art -kwaak- van Breemen <ard_at_telegraafnet.nl>
Date: Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 12:15:44 GMT

Hello,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 10:21:39AM +0100, Christoph Pleger wrote:
> I have a real machine with several vservers; one of the vservers is acting
> as a dhcp and tftp server for several networks und therefore has several
> interfaces defined. All other vservers have only one interface defined.

I would suggest putting your dhcp and tftp server in a separate
network namespace, and surrender all needed interfaces to that
namespace. Havin a network namespace means you have a seperate ip
stack.

If you have interfaces that are shared, I suggest mac-vlanning
the interface in bridge mode, an not using the parent interface,
but only macvlan interfaces.

You can find more about that here:
http://linux-vserver.org/util-vserver:SplitSharedNetworks

Regards,