Re: [vserver] Vserver routing

From: Adrian Reyer <are_at_lihas.de>
Date: Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:45:24 GMT

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 10:21:39AM +0100, Christoph Pleger wrote:
> I have a real machine with several vservers; one of the vservers is acting
> as a dhcp and tftp server for several networks und therefore has several
> interfaces defined. All other vservers have only one interface defined.
> With this setup, how can I arrange routing in a way that within the dhcp
> vserver ip packets to the networks are sent over the interface that is
> connected to the respective network, but in the other vservers and on the

As Ard already answered the correct answer, there is an alternative.
It is only your dhcp-Server, you didn't mention it as a router as well.
It might be sufficient to get rid of all but one interface on your
dhcp-vserver and just use a dhcp-relay-agent on your router. This is how
I set it up here. Additionally, if you do not only route between the
networks but also do some firewall stuff you have one machine less
living mutltihomed.

Regards,
        Adrian

--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91