Re: [vserver] No maintainer for vserver-sources (and util-vserver) on gentoo

From: Oliver Welter <mail_at_oliwel.de>
Date: Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 19:12:52 GMT

Hi Marcus,

Am 12.01.2016 um 11:01 schrieb Marcus Mülbüsch:

> what's the status for vserver-sources on gentoo and in general? I'm
> working with Linux-Vserver on gentoo for the 8 last years and have
> always been happy.
>
> However, will this be an option any longer? What can I do to improve
> the situation? Is there nobody willing to become gentoo maintainer? What
> can I do to support the next maintainer?

Well, I am also "stuck" to gentoo but I never used this package. I
started to build the kernels by hand back in 2000something as I used a
lot of other stuff which was not mainline (drbd, aufs, ...).

I can only say that I am now running a 3.18 kernel with a gentoo base
system created from a fresh install back in April 2015 without any
problems.

Oliver

--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!