Re: [vserver] Centos7

From: Ron Jeremy <ronjeremy_69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 16:16:10 BST

> There is no problem installing all the Centos7 stuff in

> Linux-VServer guests, and you can even use all the fancy
> new libraries, programs and applications.

Wait, so you are saying that it is possible to get a Centos7 guest installed and working? This is on a Centos6 host.

I have searched far and wide trying to get it to work. linux-vserver.org has something on getting Centos6 but not Centos7. I managed to get a Centos6 guest installed awhile back with a custom CentOS-Base.repo in /usr/share/util-vserver/distributions/centos6/yum.repos.d and then running:

vserver myvserver build -m yum --hostname myvserver.domain.at --interface eth0:192.168.1.93/24 -- -d centos6

I used the same technique to try it for Centos7, but I get "Error unpacking rpm package filesystem-3.2-20.el7.x86_64". I figured that might have something to do with systemd. When running the build command I get the "You are using a version of yum which is insecure and broken in chroot" message. I figured it was worth a try doing the yum patch but the patch links at http://linux-vserver.org/Yum-patch are broken.

The /usr/share/util-vserver/distributions/centos7/CentOS-Base.repo I am trying for installing a Centos7 guest consists of:

[base]
name=CentOS-7 - Base
baseurl=http://mirrors.tripadvisor.com/centos/7/os/x86_64/
gpgcheck=0