[vserver] /proc/mounts is empty

From: Andrew Ruthven <andrew.ruthven_at_catalyst.net.nz>
Date: Sun 12 Apr 2020 - 14:02:13 BST

Hey,

I'm currently running 4.9.202-vs2.3.9.9-beng and sometime, a few years
ago, I noticed that /proc/mounts became empty. This has been a minor
pain, mostly around installing openjdk-8-jre-headless (and friends)
that use mountpoint to see if /proc is mounted. But now I'm trying to
install another tool which does this as well and if I can't resolve
this I'll need to grant the CAP_SYS_ADMIN capability to the container -
if a filesystem isn't mounted then it mounts a tmpfs onto the the mount
point.

mountpoint looks in /proc/self/mountinfo which is also empty - I don't
know if this used to contain the mounts or not.

Should /proc/mounts & /proc/self/mountinfo contain the currently
mounted filesystems within the vserver? If so, any tips on what I might
have set wrong to cause it to be empty?

Cheers,
Andrew

--