From: Dan Winfield (dan_at_knownfuture.com)
Date: Fri 02 Apr 2004 - 19:19:43 BST

Hi Guys

> Anyway - I find the features that FreeVPS describes cool,
> especially since we use VServer for commercial hosting I
> could really use them, but I do not like the idea of having
> to use a specific kernel, and I am also not very confident
> about the direction of the FreeVPS team. If PSoft folds
> tomorrow, that will be the end of it it seems. FreeVPS does
> not appear to be a community project. There is no FreeVPS
> mailing list, no discussion of its architecture and
> direction, just continuos announcements about features.

I use vserver but I must say that I would consider using FreeVPS
regardless of the link to psoft. It is better it being available open
source than as a closed source product. If Psoft folds at least the
source is available and someone can pick it up again.

Is it easy to run Debian inside a VPS with FreeVPS? I know the host has
to be RedHat.

Dan