From: Jordan Michaels (jordan_at_viviotech.net)
Date: Fri 02 Apr 2004 - 20:05:17 BST

Alexander Suvorov wrote:

>Dear coleagues!
>
>Let us to announce some new features in FreeVPS 1.3:
>1. CPU Limit - allow to set up the upper limit of CPU usage inside VPS
>2. CPU QoS - allow to set up the lower limit of CPU resource available inside
> VPS
>3. Restore RSS memory accounting
>4. DiskQuota speed optimization - separating dquota hash per each context
>5. init emulation - add teinit, reboot, halt tools
>
>Best regards.

Hello Alexander and the rest of the list. =)

First of all I just want to say that I think what you're doing here is
great. FreeVPS is the easiest VPS system to install that I've come
across. Thank you for all your hard work. It's looking great!

If you could answer a couple questions for me, I'd really appreciate it.

First, I have installed version 1.1 of FreeVPS, however, I can find
little or no documentation as to how to actually create VPS servers
within that system other then by using the H-Sphere software. Is it
possible to create Virtual Private servers simply by using the
command-line tools?

Second, I don't understand how you're versioning system works. Is
FreeVPS 1.3 ready for production? What about version 1.2? As of just a
couple days ago, most of us looking at FreeVPS were unable to even find
the kernel rpms that were discussed in the installation documentation on
the freevps.com web site. If these versions aren't actually ready for
production, then when will a production-ready version be available? Will
the web site be updated to match what files are actually available to
download?

Once again, I'm not trying to criticize, I'm just a little confused as
to how things work. Thank you again for all you do. It's really appreciated!

--
Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels