From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 13 Apr 2004 - 21:40:36 BST

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Arne Blankerts wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 01:45, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
> Why would anyone be sorry for using a RedHat based OS? I'm quite happy
> with Fedora ;> and that's the reason i wrote the HowTo to begin with ;)

With the traffic that has flowed on this, the Portland Linux Users
Group list, and the local users group I find myself in a minority. I
really like Fedora. This has been one of the easiest release I've ever
used.

> SMP is in the "processor type and features" page (in case you used 'make
> menuconfig' or 'make xconfig' ), and so is the high mem option.

Thanks. I get too side-tracked by all the options I see when using
menuconfig.

> For a minimal fedora base server, just select custom and disable
> everything besides kernel development. That will get you gcc and tools
> so you can compile stuff. Since you're going to have yum after install,
> you can get what you missed later on. At least that's how i install my
> systems.

I tried a variation on this but added a couple of other packages - through
ignorance -- so I'll probably reinstall using the above guide lines.

Thanks for the pointers.

Rod