From: Alex Lyashkov (umka_at_sevinter.net)
Date: Wed 28 Apr 2004 - 17:55:11 BST

÷ óÒÄ, 28.04.2004, × 19:45, Liam Helmer ÐÉÛÅÔ:
> This question came up on the list a week or two ago, and the answer was
> that IPtables rules were changing the source address of outgoing
> connections. Did you check those to make sure that packets coming from
> your vserver addresses aren't being SNAT-ed to something?
>
> Just thought I'd check.

using ip routing rules not fix all issues.
if me have packet exchange with some address from host and try send
packet from vps - kernel select source address from routing cache and
not use routing tables/rules.
If you use SNAT for change address you must add NAT local connections
but it not light process for kernel, and I not sure it help.

> Cheers,
> Liam
>
> On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 16:12, Alex Lyashkov wrote:
> > ÷ óÒÄ, 28.04.2004, × 18:46, ryanmh_at_comcast.net ÐÉÛÅÔ:
> > > Howdy all:
> > >
> > > Incoming connections from a virtual server I'm running are appearing as if they are coming from the host. For example, on a third server (completely separate from the host/vserver), the httpd access_log shows entries from the host IP, and not the vserver IP, when accesses are coming from an app running in the vserver context.
> > >
> > > Is this expected behavior? Is there a way I can make vserver connections appears as if they are from the vserver? I saw a similar question in the IRC logs, but the answer appeared to be truncated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ryan
> > >
> > > p.s. Running vs1.3.8 and alpha util-vserver. The host and the vserver have been assigned different IP addresses on the same subnet.

Alex Lyashkov <umka_at_sevinter.net>