From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 16 Jun 2004 - 17:26:17 BST

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 05:06:50PM +0100, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> I've discussed this issue with Herbert and others before.
>
> Allready now we have spamassassin, denial of html mails, denial of
> posts, that don't have the mailinglist in To: or Cc:, virusscan and
> various other stuff in place on the mailinglist server and you wouldn't
> believe how much spam actually ends up to be managed by the moderator +
> what spamassassin allready takes.

could you make those spamassasin tags available
to the recipient of the ml mails? that would
allow folks to further restrict the postings ...

> I have suggested, that I could implement a whitelisting option that
> looks like this:
>
> - All subscribers to the mailinglist are automatic whitelistet.
> - "+" as a delimiter would be taken care of, meaning if you use one
> time email addresses like martin+20040616_at_mydomain.top the frontend
> would search for martin_at_mydomain.top in the whitelist.
> - Everybody who is not in the whitelist will get a mail to confirm hos
> post, once confirmed (either by reply or url) the mail is send to the
> mailinglist
> - Mails not confirmed within 7 days will be discarded automatically.
> - Mails where the mailinglist name not is in either To: or Cc: will
> allways be discarded.
>

> I haven't yet got any feedback if that would be acceptible or not

that sounds acceptable to me ...

TIA,
Herbert

PS: it seems that folks still have problems subscribing
    to the mailing list ...
PPS: maybe I misunderstood your proposal the last time