Re: [vserver] CentOS 5.3 host update/upgrade

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_cyber-office.net>
Date: Thu 16 Apr 2009 - 16:51:07 BST

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 07:39 -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> Anyone (John?) running CentOS 5 as the host distribution?
>>
>> If so have any of you updated to CentOS 5.3?
>>
>> And ... John have you finished your tests on the patched yum? Results?
>> Good, bad or ugly? :-)
>>

>> \\||/
>> Rod

Sorry I missed that there were two of you with first name of John.

As I asked John Alberts, did you do a yum update or fresh install to get
to 5.3?

> So far, it is working fine. Guest installations of both CentOS 5.3 and
> Ubuntu 8.0.4 all ran fine. vyum from the host and yum from the guest
> appear to be running fine. Cloning is fine. We are having a bit of an
> issue with hashify but I do not believe this is at all related to yum.

Yeah I remember a thread on this. I haven't redone a vhashify for
awhile. Of course I'm currently only running about 20 some odd guests
per host so don't have a disk space issue. But the first time I did a
unification of the whole server the 30% (maybe more -- it was a long
time ago) recovered space was impressive.

\\||/
Rod