Re: [vserver] Linux Vserver and Hypervisors

From: Ted Barnes <madogdevelopment_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 07 Nov 2013 - 15:05:36 GMT

Hi Daniel:

Thanks for giving this all "a think". I'd vote for the things you
mention (check status of guests and hosts; building guests from a
template; deleting guests; backup guests up). Also, changing resources:
- RAM or cpu allocated to guests
- I put guests in Logical volumes to "constrain" disk resource
consuption, and have scripts to resize the LVs ....maybe something about
changing storage amounts for guests, and moving guests dynamically (not
sure how practical this last one is - e.g., we use ssh to connect to
guests and moving one might involve issues with the IP and ssh keys).

Does Vserver have a way from the community to put together a
requirements list?

Thanks! Ted